Bettina Löhr and Erkan Kara from the City of Düsseldorf presented to the International Women in Business Düsseldorf e.V. (iwibdus) about why Düsseldorf is such a great city for you to start your business. Düsseldorf is calling all entrepreneurs!
Why is the City so great?
- Rhein/Ruhr area has lots of companies and potential clients plus we are close to the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Employees and Talent is here with the technical universities and creative colleges
- Infrastructure is here with the airport and more than one motorway
- Local Support – scale-ups are Dusseldorf’s specialty. Think about trivago – one of Dusseldorf’s Unicorns!
- Attractive location costs
- Diversity of our economy – Life Sciences, Tech, Manufacturing, Fashion, Law, Foreign Trade, Media.
- Very international – Japanese, Chinese, EU 5000+ companies here.
- 6th place in the world as the most attractive city for living.
- Soft Landing with our Expat Service Desk (https://www.expatservicedesk.de/en.html)
- Setting Up a Business in Dusseldorf Course is excellent with information from a Tax expert and Lawyer to help you start a business.
What help can the City of Dusseldorf offer you?
- Information on establishing a company
- Help finding commercial real estate
- Advice and support on permits and visas
- Linking up to networks
- Supporting and settling in
- Welcome package for innovative companies.
Start Up Woche
One week. 120 events. And as many ideas, innovations, contacts and knowledge that you can take away with you. What are you waiting for? We are getting ready to turbo-charge your company and are bringing people together who are looking for change – who are looking for the companies, services and products of the future. At the Startup Week Düsseldorf, visionaries get to meet corporates, lone fighters encounter strong teams, company founders meet up with business angels and beginners with experts. Come and get a direct insight into the Düsseldorf startup scene, find out why trends will continue to come from Düsseldorf in the future, and take advantage of the opportunity to learn so much that you will be able to focus entirely on your startup or setting up your company until the end of the year.
June 4 – 11, 2021 / 1 week / 100+ hosts / 125 Events
Start Up Journey
The Start Up Ecosystem is key in Dusseldorf and they are here to make it easier to get investment, B2B marketing, and easy access to networks. A great place to start is here with the Start Up Unit’s details.
They can provide information about shared working spaces
And help you on your start up journey
Financial support can come in many ways and in many places on your start up journey. You can access support at the idea stage, the investor stage and the customer stage.
Some ideas for you to explore are here:
@ Düsseldorf Chamber of Commerce and Industry
@ NRW Seed Cap
@ other places too!
Lean Business Canvas Model
Erkan said that the Canvas Business model is ideal for new start ups rather than classical business models. Our blog on this is a where to start
Thank you, Bettina and Erkan for a fascinating talk and chance to ask questions. We have the slides available to members in the membership area of the website.