This volunteer will join the Mentoring team and eventually run it. Our mentoring programme is a valued benefit for members. We need someone who shares our values and our vision to support women across Düsseldorf. The mentoring programme aims to share skills and expertise across our network and to open up career opportunities for women in Düsseldorf.
The structure and content of the programme have already been established and the programme will be reviewed and updated to match changing needs of our organisation and its members. We hope to attract more mentors from local international businesses in the future, for example.
This can be a development opportunity for you and the role can be expanded to include other areas to use your strengths and talents to support iwibdus.
The volunteer will:
- Plan, advertise and manage each Mentoring Programme with 10 mentees and 10 mentors.
- Match mentors and mentees.
- Plan and deliver training and supervision for mentees and mentors and supervision.
- Plan strategy for future programmes including sourcing mentors and mentees
- Set goals for 2022/3 and report to the Board
- Work closely with other volunteers to advertise the programme
For this role you have:
- experience in mentoring or coaching including understanding ethics and confidentiality in this context
- experience in shaping and delivering projects including excellent planning skills
- experience in building good relationships across stakeholders and engaging with new members.
- the drive to shape and create something new
- a good level of spoken and written English
- The ability to give presentations or be prepared to learn how to do so – online and in person
- A keen interest in learning and development especially for women
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google Docs suite and be ready to learn new IT tools
- The ability to work flexibly and respectfully with other international volunteers using virtual online tools and face to face communications .
It would be an advantage if you have previous experience or a qualification working in Human Resources or similar, facilitating coaching or mentoring programmes.
The successful applicant will be trained by the current team gradually taking more responsibility from April 2022 onwards.
What will you gain as a volunteer?
It is an opportunity to:
- Work as part of an international team and make new friends
- Use your talents and expertise to help our organisation.
- Update your skills, learn new ones and use your brain!
- Build your confidence, expand your networks and have fun.
- Gain experience to add to your CV
- Decide on your next life and career steps
- Maybe find a job, through your new network
How can you apply for this role?
Please apply with a basic CV or with a link to your LinkedIn page and a brief application letter telling us which role interests you and why.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 9th January 2022.
We will shortlist, interview and choose volunteers in January and February 2022. Successful applicants will receive training about iwibdus and the tools we use.
We aim to be an inclusive organisation so we welcome applications from all women. Our members come from many different countries and backgrounds: it makes us strong and rich with talent. Check out our values and mission at iwibdus.com. We are looking for women who share our wish to support women professionally in Dusseldorf.
We work in English so you need a reasonable level of English to be able to volunteer. This does not mean you need to be a native speaker or perfect. All our volunteers are fully registered members of iwibdus (it costs 100 €). If you are not a fully registered member yet, you will be asked to do so.
- Final date to receive applications: Sunday 9th January, 2022
- We will shortlist week of 10th January 2022 and notify candidates of interview time/date
- Interviews: January 19th or 20th.
- General onboarding the first week of February.