We hope you are having a great start in 2019. On our side, we are planning our activities for 2019 and want to share with you a small review of what 2018 was like:
– We held 14 events including meetups, training, presentations, etc.
– Some of our events were conducted by external speakers:
- Kören Beck Tomilson held a knitting workshop where she talked to us about the benefits of knitting to exercise both hemispheres of the brain.
- Two speakers from Deloitte gave us some guidelines about how taxes in Germany work for self-employment.
- We had a seminar about how to find a job in Germany held by Tali Lichtenfeld.
- Carlos Morales introduced us to the Lean Startup methodology.
– 2 big events had 60 attendees. There was a speed dating event at the start of the year where our members introduced themselves to people they didn’t know before and created new connections. And we had our Members’ Showcase with 14 speakers from our group.
– After a year as an informal group, we launched our website, new logo and business cards.
– Our mailing list went from an Excel spreadsheet with 64 contacts to a 130 subscribers mailing list that is continuously growing.
– We expanded widely outside the International School of Düsseldorf borders.
– We did a TEDx Talk talking about what’s next question that follows the expat life.
We want to keep up our hard work during 2019, growing bigger and therefore increasing the networking opportunities for the women in this group. Thank you for being there!
Please share your opinions and suggestions on the comments section. We really appreciate your feedback!