Let’s be Strategic: How to Set Up a Business in Germany
Victoria Wilcox-Heidner came to the iwibdus via another true friend of the network and speaker at the Talent Fair, Emma Hatfield. Emma and Victoria had met and discussed business ideas and where they could work together. Emma went on to find a full time job through the talent fair connections but we knew that we should find a spot on our calendar for Victoria to talk all things Business in Germany.
I managed to mess up the zoom call and most women arrived in the call as “Katy Kennedy”. Rather embarrassing and definitely I need to improve my IT skills with eventbrite! Luciana was very gracious as host and Victoria took it in her stride!
Once we were underway, Victoria talked to us about Setting Up a Business in Germany. We have added the slides onto our Members only section of the website for you to review if you are a member. There is a video too of Victoria talking. We made sure we edited out questions from the attendees!
Interesting points that we should all consider when setting up a business in Germany:
- What type of organization do you want to be? GmbH? Sole Trader?
- Plan your Financials – make sure you are going to make money.
- Know where you can get help: if you want to sign up to our Let’s Talk: People You Should Know session, with the Dusseldorf Economic Development Team click this link
- Fill in the right forms for you and your type of business – that’s the start of the legal process.
- Compliance with local laws and employment laws is something Victoria can help with!
Here are Victoria’s details again:
Please find out more about membership here and look out for our coming events here and sign up to our mailing list here.
Author: Katy Kennedy
Katy Kennedy is Chairwoman of the International Women In Business Dusseldorf and part of the events team. She is passionate about women helping women and created the network to support expat women on their journey of learning.
Katy also runs Katy Kennedy Coaching as an executive coach helping people at their career crossroads.