Thank you for being one of our speakers. We want you to make the best presentation or workshop possible and therefore we have created a guide to make sure you know your audience and our values.
It is important to us that women in the group feel safe and welcomed. That means every woman. We therefore encourage you to be aware of the types of women who are in the audience and their needs.
- Please speak slowly and clearly.
- Please be non judgmental
- Please include all types of women.
Who we are:
The International Women in Business Düsseldorf e.V. (iwibdus) is a registered Women’s group that supports internationally-minded women with the aim of empowering and developing them in such a way that they are better able to achieve their goals and make the most of their talents.
We connect and support internationally minded women from all backgrounds living in the Düsseldorf area by creating business related initiatives and networking opportunities.
We aim to create a safe space where international women can feel empowered, share their professional and personal goals, and find support to achieve them.
- We want women to achieve their full potential
- We believe that everybody has something to contribute
- We believe in helping each other and sharing
- We believe in the power of collaboration between people with different points of view
- We believe in a world that shares common values while embracing our cultural differences
- We believe in a future with flexible work arrangements that balance personal and professional life – there are alternatives to the 9-5 approach
What do we do?
We create events and networking opportunities so that women can find a safe space to talk about their dreams and develop their true potential.
Know your Audience
We are women helping women:
- who wish to move back into work or don’t know what to do. They are unclear on their future and are looking for ideas. They want the network to help them decide what to do or help them find a new role.
- who have their own business or are looking to start their own business. They are looking for connections and new opportunities to do business.
- who work and have brought their family here to Germany or have corporate roles in Germany. They have little time and want to network with people outside of their industry. They may want to give something back to their community.
Tips and The Way we Do things:
- We know that we have at least 23 nationalities and English is a second language for most of them. Please speak slowly and clearly.
- Avoid jargon and management speak as much as you can.
- Make them clear and easy to read.
- use black and white for text to make it easy to read
- keep slides simple
- avoid layering images and making slides too busy
- use bold contrasts and avoid faint colours
- We have women at the start of their career and women towards the end of their working careers in our group and everything in between. Please embrace this spectrum of ages with enthusiasm
- Women in our group have chosen many different life paths balancing their career and the rest of their life. They have the right to this choice but often feel judged for it. Please make sure you support every woman.